Alexandre Farm, St Peter
Rue du Val de La Mare du Sud
Type of property
Historic farm group of 18-19th century origins
Families associated with the property
- AAL SLCT 1736, for Amice Alexandre and Susanne Le Couteur, married at St Peter on 9 May 1736
Historic Environment Record entry
An historic farm group of 18-19th century origins, and some earlier fabric, retaining character and features of interest. Main build phases of 1736, 19th century and 20th century. John McCormack Channel Island Houses records a 14th century fireplace in the parlour, with serpentine chamfered corbels - possibly reused from earlier property, although the blocked window openings to the roadside elevation have an early four-stone design.
Also recorded are an 18th century fireplace in the hall and some oak beams. This property is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. A linear range of south-facing buildings, the rear (north) walls hard to the road, comprising a two-storey, three-bay house to the west of a throughway, with a two-torey, four-bay house adjoining to the east, and a wing returning to the south. Slate roofs with corniced rendered chimneystacks. Traditional rubble granite construction with quoins and dressed stonework to openings.
Old Jersey Houses
Notes and references
- ↑ Amice could have been the son of Amice and Margaret, nee Hamptonne, who were married in 1707. That Amice was born in St Peter in 1683, the son of Amice and Marie, nee Le Cousteur, and grandson of another Amice. Despite extensive research we have been unable to find any of these Amices in a family tree, nor enough confirmed information to create one