If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Route de La Trinite, Trinity
Type of property
Early 19th century house, with extension added later in the century
Sold for £550,000 in 2005
Historic Environment Record entry
Early-mid 19th century two-storey, five-bay detached house, extended in phases, retains historic character and many external features, particularly door and windows at front and rear. Also sensitively restored interior with much timber work including staircase, doors, partitions and panelling.
Appears on Godfray map 1849.
Extended to rear in several phases including period with a shop from the 1920s. Original rear roof line evident in masonry of north and south elevations. Owner believes front elevation originally intended to be exposed granite with brick dressings but later rendered.
On roadside, 1920s Moderne style rendered wall, square piers with rounded tops, contemporary with start of use as a shop. Two rooms, single pile, central hall and staircase, rear two-storey late 19th century extension now one large room on each floor.
Some internal features survive, including staircase to first floor level, stick balusters, rising from first floor to attic. Timber partitions, tongue and groove, between hallway and principal rooms on each floor. Timber panelled doors. Original west pitch of roof survives within later extension, with two small mid-19th century rooflights and opening for central rear dormer on attic half landing.