Beachside

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses:

Beachside, St Clement


H20BeachsideStC.jpg


Not quite as close to the beach as the name suggests, this terrace property is some 60 metres inland from the coast at Le Hocq


Property name

Beachside

Previous names

None known, but it is unlikely that this is the original name of the property when it was a working farm

Location

Le Hocq Lane, St Clement

Type of property

Terrace house, part of former farm

Families associated with the property

Datestones

ADV MLNV 1806 For Aaron de Veulle and Marguerite Le Neveu, who married at St Clement on 29 April 1795











Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Former farm group with early 19th century farmhouse and later cottage and outbuildings, retaining historic character and some original exterior features, contributing to the rural vernacular streetscape.

Originally a single linear historic farm group called Beachside, now sub-divided into separate ownerships - Beachside Farm (the main farmhouse), L'Abri (the former Beachside Cottage) and Beachside Business Centre (the former outbuildings).

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs