If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bien Venue 
- The Knoll
Rue du Froid Vent, St Saviour
Sale recorded of self-catering apartments for £705,000 in 2017
Type of property
Granite house with 14th century origins
Families associated with the property
- Le Geyt
- Marks, in 1890 William Marks, who was living here, was charged with assaulting his wife Elizabeth, nee Corbin, while drunk, forcing her to take refuge at her brother's home in the neighbourhood
- Le Cornu: In 1941 Charles Edward le Cornu (1883- ) was living here with his wife Mary Laura Joan, nee McCarthy (1901- ) and their daughter Patricia (1923- )
- IA ELB 1676 - On a gable kneeler, for Jean Ahier who married Elizabeth Le Breton at St Saviour on 17 July 1674.
- IA inside a shield with MF and EB inside rectangles on each side (probably carved later), keystone and 1676 carved on the voussoirs 
Historic Environment Record entry
A house of early origins, which has developed since the 14th century, retaining exterior character and historic features of interest. Of historical interest as one of the oldest houses in the vicinity of St Saviour Parish Church, with likely medieval origins, altered in the 17th century. John McCormack's Channel Island Houses identifies the main build phases as the 14th century, 1600 and 1676.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. One of only five houses in the road shown on the 1849 Godfray Map.
The property was substantially extended to the rear, principally in the 19th century. Two-storey, five to six-bay house with rear extensions. The original house has a pitched slate roof with brick chimneystacks, with thatch dripstones.
The façade is random granite with quoins and early stonework features. There are two arches - the east arch with 11 stones in the outer order and the inner order missing; and a shouldered round arch door to the west arch.
The house is substantially extended including a two-storey east lean-to, a pair of pitched gabled extensions to the centre, and a 20th century single-storey section to the west. The gabled extensions have bargeboards and finials. The rear wall is a mixture of random stone rubble with brick quoins and window surrounds, with a small ground floor brick bay window with tiled hood.
A few historic features are retained in the interior of the property, including a stone cross wall, but otherwise it has been altered and remodelled.
Old Jersey Houses
In the 19th century there were only five houses in the road and three of them, including Bienvenue, were owned by Le Geyts.
Notes and references
- ↑ This is how the house name is wrongly shown by HER and the Jersey Datestone Register
- ↑ Known as Bon Air Lane and running between Bagatelle Road and St Saviour's Hill. The property is at the bottom end of this road
- ↑ The Jersey Datestone Register, which calls the property Bien Venu, also attributes this stone to Jean Ahier and Elizabeth Le Breton, without explaining the three sets of initials