If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
The property has lost its traditional name on being divided into two units of accommodation
- La Vieille Demure
- Maison du Mitan
Les Chanolles des Six Rues
Type of property
17th and 18th century farmhouse, now divided into two units
There are no registered transactions of the property under any of the above names, but there is a record of a 2018 sale of Broadfield House for £2.4 million. This may be one of the modern properties constructed around the old Broadfields
Families associated with the property
History of ownerships
This old farmstead has three sections of very different vintages. A gable stone with the initials RLG 1675 (or 1676) indicates that the western end of the property is by far the oldest. The eastern wing is believed to date from exactly two centuries later and the central portion to around 1744. The property was in the Langlois family for many generations.
The different sections of the house have now been renamed as it has been divided into three properties.
The oldest section, whose datestone relates to Raulin Langlois, is now known as La Vielle Demure.
The middle house has been renamed Maison du Mitan and bears a datestone over the front door with the initials
In December 1839 Philip Marett purchased Broadfields from Jean Vibert. Philip was a great grandson of Jean Langlois and Rachel Le Cras. The 1841 census records Philip living at Broadfields with his wife Esther Elizabeth Janvrin, sons Henry and Frank, daughters Sophia and Jane, and one servant. On 22 January 1842 Philip Marett sold Broadfields to Edouard Esnouf, son of Edmond the shipbuilder.
- RLG 1675 - For Raulin Langlois
- 17 ILG RLC 44 - For Jean Langlois and Rachel Le Cras, who were married in St Lawrence on 17 July 1737
- ILG 1746 RLC
- PRM 1660 - For Philippe Remon
- PRM 1774 - For Philippe Remon 
- CDP♥ERN 1725 - For Charles Du Pré and Elizabeth Renaux (Renault) who married in St Mary on 11 March 1705 - this stone is in the garden of a modern bungalow on the site of former Broadfields barns
- CDP♥ER 1719 - also attached to a modern property on the site of the barns
Historic Environment Record entry
Previously known as Broadfields, La Vieille Demure, a 17th century farmhouse, has a good survival of some original interior features and south frontage. La Maison du Mitan is a mid-18th century rural house with good survival of its south facing frontage and fine stonework. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Old Jersey Houses
The entry in Volume 1 is very brief, and hardly befitting a property of this importance:
- "This property is mainly interesting in showing us at a glance styles of architecture of three centuries side by side. The furthest west has a gable stone with RLG 1676, the central portion is dated 1744, and the eastern wing 1876"
Broadfields Cottage: An addendum refers to Broadfields Cottage, without indicating whether the author was referring to a part of Broadfields itself, or a different property. 
She described it as a rare example of an apparently 17th century single-storey house. She notes that there is a single-room extension on the western end with a stone roughly incised with PRM 1774, as well as a gable stone with the inscription PRM 1660, which, added to the ownership shown on Godfray's map of P Remon, suggests that the property was owned by the Remon family for some two centuries, and is distinct from Broadfields.
Notes and references
- ↑ It has not been possible to identify a family tree which would tie in with these initials
- ↑ The pictures on this page suggest that it was not part of the three-section main house, but may have been the thatched building to the left