If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue es Canons, Trinity
Type of property
18th century farm with 19th century alterations
There has been no recent sale of the main house
Families associated with the property
- Gruchy: In 1901, Charles Frederick Gruchy (1862- ) the latest of four Charles Gruchys to own the property, was living here with his wife Mary Mildred, nee du Heaume (1865- ) and son Charles (1889- ) 
- FGC ELB 1774 and 1776 - For François Gruchy and Elizabeth Le Bas, who married in St Helier on 5 April 1767
- CGC MLBT 1814 - For Charles Gruchy  and Marie Larbalestier, who married in Trinity on 3 August 1810. Repeated 1826 and CGC 1817 (on gatepost)
Historic Environment Record entry
18th/19th century Jersey farm with mid-19th century phase of aggrandisement. Many original features including fine porch and doorway, timber doors and windows, and outbuildings survive. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. Family occupation of the site probably dates back to 15th century.
No south drive shown on Richmond map of 1795. Drive and gate posts from circa 1817. The plastered frontage of the house has a date of 1846 on it. Entrance and fine porch placed at left hand side and not the centre, similar to nearby Brabant Farm on Rue de Brabant. Front originally rendered in same manner as Brabant Farm.
There is a lavoir.
Farmhouse with flanking wings and range of outbuildings to rear.
Old Jersey Houses
Volume 2 entry gives the address as Rue des Haies, but the postal address is the closer Rue es Canons.
- "There is a profusion of initialled stones here, all proof of the very long Gruchy tenure of the property; this goes back at least seven generations, and possibly back to the 15th century, if the family reused the same site to build upon."
Notes and references
- ↑ Charles and Mary both knocked a few years off their age for the census and were recorded as only 30 years old. Charles was the grandson of Charles and Marie, nee Larbalestier, shown on the 1814 datestone. He was the sixth generation of his family to own Champs Clairs, and passed it to his son
- ↑ Nephew of Francois, not his son as shown in Old Jersey Houses. Francois and Elizabeth, above, had no children