Connell family page
The 1812 St Martin baptism record of Thomas Connell
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name, which is found in Scotland and Ulster, is a form of the Gaelic siol cuin, and said to be related to the Clan Donald.
Connell first made a unique appearance in the St Martin register in 1812, followed by a steady flow of baptisms in St Helier from 1816 onwards.
The first two variants are found in Jersey but are distinct families
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- John Robert Connell (1893- ), son of Robert and Ann, Rifleman, Royal Irish Rifles
- Reginald Robert Connell (1891- ) (St H) son of William Walter and Ann Charlotte Filleul, ex-RMIJ, Leading Aircraftsman RAF
- William John Connell (1889- ) (St H) son of William Walter and Ann Charlotte Filleul, Sergeant, Norfolk Regiment
These wills created by members of the Connell family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Connell : Christel Victoria , widow of John Philip Bisson, of 19, St Clement's Gardens, Greve d'Azette, St Clement - 30/Aug/1968 , 19/Nov/1970 , D/Y/B1/152/11
- Connell : Florence May , widow of William James Lobb, of 29, Millais Park, St Helier - 21/Jun/1966 , 21/Jun/1966 , D/Y/B1/98/35
- Connell : John , 11, Regent Road, St Helier - 08/Feb/1895 , 15/Aug/1895 , D/Y/A/54/80
- Connell : Norma Kay , wife of Peter John Harris, of Devonia House, No 27 Devonshire Place, St Helier , - 02/Jul/1974 , 05/Jan/1978 , D/Y/B1/271/28
- Connell : William Walter , Lymington, 2 Parade Road and 24 1/2 New St Johns Road, St Helier - 18/Nov/1924 , 09/Apr/1941 , D/Y/A/108/6
- Connell : Winifred Grace , widow of Frank Marks, of The Bungalow, Jersey Recreation Grounds, St Clement - 25/Jun/1968 , 22/Sep/1976 , D/Y/B1/246/50
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs