Cudlipp family page
Florence Jane Cudlipp
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
Cudlipp is an old Devonshire name that is not so numerous in the county as it once was. From the 15th to the 17th century the name was very common among the gentry, merchants, and yeomen of Tavistock and its vicinity. There are suggestions that the name is derived from 'cut lip'.
The name first makes an appearance in Jersey birth registers in the 1840s.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Herbert Henry Cudlipp (1891-1919) Gunner, Royal Garrison Artillery, died of tuberculosis
- Ernest George Cudlipp (1894-1972) (St P) Private, Dorsetshire Regiment
- Gertrude Alice Cudlipp (1891-1979) daughter of Thomas Cudlipp and Amelia Jane Romeril, British Red Cross
These wills created by members of the Cudlipp family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Cudlipp : Elizabeth Jane , 32 Belmont Road, St Helier 4/11/1914 Bequeaths residue of personal estate to the trustees of St Paul's Church - Unknown date , 04/Jun/1925 , D/Y/A/85/93
- Cudlipp : Elsie Maud , wife of James Cutler Vincent, of 5, Seafield Avenue, Millbrook, St Helier and formerly of Lowlands, Beaumont, St Peter - 05/Dec/1944 , 05/Jan/1976 , D/Y/B1/233/17
- Cudlipp : Ernest George , of Fairholme, Mont a l'Abbe, St Helier and formerly of Woodlands, Mont a l'Abbe, St Helier - 15/Jul/1933 , 21/Nov/1972 , D/Y/B1/183/7
- Cudlipp : Gordon William , of The Limes, Mont a L'Abbe, St Helier - 01/Nov/1974 , 01/Jul/1976 , D/Y/B1/242/35
- Cudlipp : James , 01/01/1894 Desires to be buried in St Saviour's Cemetery Bequeaths to the poor of St Saviour 5 shillings - Unknown date , 06/Sep/1898 , D/Y/A/57/72
- Cudlipp : John George , Fern Hill, Mont a l'Abbe, St Helier - 02/Feb/1924 , 30/Nov/1931 , D/Y/A/92/42
- Cudlipp : William James , ... - 05/Jul/1924 , 01/Apr/1925 , D/Y/A/85/60
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs