Curry family page
Adolphus Curry, Jersey architect
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
It is suggested that this surname may be associated with the river Curry in Somerset, derived possibly from the old English word cweorn, meaning a mill or mills
This seems somewhat speculative, but it is certain that the name has nothing to do with the cusine of the Indian sub-continent
Thomas Philip Curry married Sophie Charlotte Le Cras at St Helier in 1815. Thomas was shown as coming from St Helier but we believe that he was born outside of the island.
Births and baptisms
- Adolphus Curry, prominent Jersey architect
These wills created by members of the Curry family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Curry : Adeliza Rachel , 8 Elizabeth Place, St Helier, widow of Thomas Corbin - 09/Jan/1932 , 08/Jul/1936 , D/Y/A/99/41
- Curry : Adolphus , La Retraite, Mont-a-l'Abbe, St Helier, engineer and architect - 19/Aug/1910 , 05/Sep/1910 , D/Y/A/69/77
- Curry : Emmeline Jane , 1 St Marks Road, St Helier, widow of John Du Bois Le Couteur - 24/Jun/1914 , 01/Aug/1919 , D/Y/A/79/89
- Curry : John Russell , of La Maisonette, St Peter - 19/Sep/1967 , 19/Sep/1967 , D/Y/B1/111/44
- Curry : Lilias Catherine , nee Slacke, of Osborne Cottage, Havre des Pas, St Helier, widow : - 15/Mar/1890 , 15/May/1890 , D/Y/A/49/30
- Curry : Selina Mary , 59 Bouverie Street, Chester, widow of Robert Brown Colley - Unknown date , 27/Mar/1923 , D/Y/A/83/36
- Curry : Thomas Le Geyt , of 13, Library Place, St Helier - 15/May/1900 , 06/Mar/1928 , D/Y/A/88/41
- Curry : William John , of 11, Gloucester Street, St Helier - 12/Jun/1923 , 19/Jan/1955 , D/Y/B1/28/12
- Curry : William John , of Chaumont, Route des Genets, St Brelade - 21/Dec/1965 , 19/Jun/1969 , D/Y/B1/133/33
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs