Day family page
This family settled in Jersey in the first half of the 19th century
Louisa Ann Day (1879- ) daughter of Peter Henry Day (1844-1915)
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
Although undoubtedly an English surname, this has two possible origins. The most likely is a derivation from the popular personal name David, but it could also have come from the old English personal name Daei, meaning day.
The name first appears in Jersey records in 1815, with further registrations in St Helier over the next two decades.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Peter Philip Day (1887- ) (St H) Private, RGA
- Arthur C Day (1893- ) (St H) Private RMIJ
- Clarence Henry Day 91896- ) (St H) ex-RMIJ, Private, Royal Field Artillery
- George Lawrence Day (1896- ) (St H) son of George and Annie, OV, Gunner, Royal Garrison Artillery
- William Robert Day (1881- ) (St H) son of Julia Mary Jane Day, Stoker RN, HMS Victory II
- Frederick Basil Day-Luce (St H), Gunner, Royal Garrison Artillery, PoW
- Henry James Day-Luce (1876- ) (St H), Private, Canadian Infantry, wounded
- Lionel Herbert Day-Luce (1879- ) (St H) Private, RASC
Family photograph album
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs