Dimond family page
George Henry Dimond, wife Anna Rebecca, and family
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is an old English name derived from deye, meaning a keeper of livestock. Although we accept that Diment is a variant, we are less positive about Diamond, and some of the other suggested spelling variations.
Dimond first appeared in Jersey records in 1860, when John, from Devon, married Jane Wright in St Helier.
Great War service
- Charles Dimond (1880- ) (St H) son of Charles and Mary, Bombardier, RFA
- Edward Thomas Dimond (1902- ) (St H) son of Thomas Edwin and Annie Louisa Way, Boy RN, HMS Hecla
- Ernest Dimond (1896-1928) (India) son of George and Anna Rebecca Davis, Sergeant, Tank Corps
- George Theodore Dimond (1884- ) (St H) son of Alfred and Emma Furzer, Sergeant, Royal Horse Artillery
- John Stewart Dimond (1892- ) (St H) son of John Alexander and Mary Ann Jane Dolbel, Rifleman, King's Royal Rifle Corps
- Percy Dimond (1884- ) (St H) son of Charles and Mary, Driver, RFA
These wills created by members of the Dimond/Diment family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Dimond : Charlton John , of 1, South Hill Cottages, South Hill Gardens, Mount Bingham, St Helier - 09/Nov/1977 , 08/Jan/1980 , D/Y/B1/312/15
- Dimond : George Henry , Bromley Villa, Saville Street, St Helier - 20/Aug/1938 , 16/Feb/1944 , D/Y/A/112/29
- Dimond : John , Dale Cottage, Queens Road, St Helier - 06/Apr/1906 , 25/Jun/1912 , D/Y/A/71/64
- Dimond : John Alexander , son of John, of 3, King George V Memorial Homes, St Helier and formerly of 1, Savile Street, St Helier - 16/Feb/1943 , 30/Nov/1959 , D/Y/B1/56/82
- Dimond : Lilian Maud , widow of Bertram Charles Taylor, of Kantara, Langley Avenue, St Saviour and formerly of 43, Colomberie, St Helier - 31/May/1944 , 12/Nov/1974 , D/Y/B1/214/1
- Dimond : Percy , of Swiss Villa, St Saviour - 11/Feb/1948 , 15/Oct/1958 , D/Y/B1/50/55
- Dimond : Percy Herd , of 52, Clos du Paradis, St Helier - 20/Sep/1967 , 13/May/1969 , D/Y/B1/132/13
- Dimond : Thomas Edwin , of Overdale Hospital, Westmount, St Helier and formerly of the Commercial Hotel, Conway Street, St Helier - 14/Mar/1945 , 20/Jan/1970 , D/Y/B1/140/55
- Diment : Elizabeth Furzer , The Cottage, Millbrook - 05/Jul/1943 , 13/Aug/1943 , D/Y/A/111/49