Drouin family page
This family came to Jersey from Normandy in the 1840s and is still present today
Arsene Bertrand and Hortense, nee Drouin
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name is found in many variations in the west and east of France, and has been present in Normandy since the 15th century. It is a diminuitive of the personal name Droue, from the Germanic Dreue or Drogo. It is a variant of Drouet which is also found in Jersey.
Francois Martin Drouin came to Jersey from Manche, Normandy, in about 1840 and married Irinie Celeste Hortance Bourdon, also from Manche, at St Thomas' Church in 1843. His nephew Jean came to Jersey some years later and married Victorine Fossey at St Brelade in 1866.
Several variants and diminuitives are found throughout France, but not in Jersey.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Arthur Hodgson Drouin (1898-1941) (Gsy) son of George Henry and Harriet Hodgson, of Jersey, Able Seaman RN, HMS Colossus, also served WW2
- Emile Drouin (St H), Corporal RAMC
- Frank Thomas Drouin (1895- ) (Wales) son of Francis and Emilie, Private, Hampshire Regiment, ex-RMIJ
- George Henry Drouin (1870- ) (Tr) son of Francis, husband of Harriet Jane, Sergeant, Leicestershire Regiment
- Julius Drouin (St H), ex-RMIJ, Private, King's Royal Rifle Corps
- John Frederick Drouin (Tr) (1873- ) son of John and Elizabeth, Mercantile Marine
These wills created by members of the Drouin family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Drouin : Frederic Jean Francois , St Martin - 03/May/1890 , 28/Nov/1917 , D/Y/A/77/48
- Drouin : Lydia Mary , wife of Alfred Vasselin, Mon Reve, First Tower, St Helier - 04/Apr/1938 , 11/Aug/1939 , D/Y/A/105/36
- Drouin : Maurice Henry , of Pretoria Cottage, Brighton Road, St Helier - 21/Dec/1977 , 21/Dec/1977 , D/Y/B1/271/3
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs