Duchemin family page
Jean Duchemin was baptised in St Helier in 1821
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
The literal translation of this French name is 'of the street'. It may have been applied to someone whose home was at the roadside, or to a tramp, vagrant or vagabond.
- Duquemin the Guernsey spelling
- du Chemin, 1528
- de Camino 1309
Great War service
- Camille Alfred Duchemin (1889-1915) son of Jane E Duchemin, husband of Sarah, father of two, Seaman RNR, HM Tug Char, killed in action
- Cyril Duchemin (1885- ) (St L) son of Alphonse, Mercantile Marine
- Henry Albert Duchemin (1892-1940) (St S) son of Elizabeth, Leading Stoker RNR, HMS Champion
This will created by a member of the Duchemin family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Pierre Duchemin, 25 Broad Street, St Helier - 28 February 1911, D/Y/A/70