Faldouet Villa

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


Faldouet Villa, St Martin


H21FaldouetVillaStMt1.jpg



Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

Faldouet Villa

Other names

Location

Mont Gabard, St Martin

Type of property

House built for shipyard workers in 19th century

Valuations

No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

The house was constructed along with a group of four other similar houses in the area, between the late 1830s and 1850. Local tradition that each was built by shipping merchant for mariners / shipyard workers.

The earliest transaction for Faldouet Villa is when Jean Messervy bought land from J P Le Lievre on 25 November 1848; the house later sold by Jean Messervy in 1864. The neighbouring house, Mon Plaisir, was built by Elizabeth Baal (or Bree) on land she bought from Jean Philippe Le Lievre on 4 November 1848; the house later sold to George Messervy in 1864. The earliest transaction for Clos du Val (previously Belle Vue) appears to show that George Messervy bought the land on 1 April 1837; George Messervy went bankrupt and Belle Vue was acquired by Charles Le Boutillier in 1847.

Les Alpes (previously Kinta / Penalverne / Pan y Allt / Faldouet View) was built by Jean Elie Falle who bought the land on 14 December 1850.

The earliest transaction for Faldouet House appears to show that Charles Le Boutillier bought the land in the 1830s; the house shown as owned by C Le Boutillier on the 1849 Godfray map; Faldouet House later inherited by M E Le Boutillier from Charles in 1870.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs