Flambard family page
Flambard family in 1935
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is a Normandy surname, found particularly in Calvados, but also Manche, and is derived from flambart, a Normandy fishing boat, so was probably applied to the owner of one of these boats. The term does not appear in texts until the end of the 16th century, and in the Middle Ages flambard was the word for the juices from roasting meat, and may also have given rise to the surname.
The name first appears in island records in the 1850s in Grouville. One Jersey family originated just across the water in Barneville-sur-Mer on the Cotentin coast of Normandy. There was a second immigrant - see trees below - probably from roughly the same area of the Cotentin, who may or may not have been related.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Alfred John Mourant Flambard (1885- ) (St H) son of Alfred John and Mary Ann Susan Le Huquet, Private, RJGB
These wills created by members of the Flambard family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Flambard : Auguste Bienaime Eugene , Charles Street, St Helier - 25/Sep/1919 , 16/Oct/1920 , D/Y/A/80/120
- Flambard : Bienaime Charles Rene , of 31, Nicholson Park, St Helier - 03/May/1971 , 03/May/1971 , D/Y/B1/158/29
- Flambard : Elsie May , widow of Eugene Henri Ernest Le Feuvre, of 1, Osborne Court, First Tower, St Helier - 20/Feb/1980 , 20/Feb/1980 , D/Y/B1/316/8
- Flambard : Thomas Henri , of 15, Seaton Place, St Helier - 26/Oct/1977 , 26/Oct/1977 , D/Y/B1/267/35
Family photograph album
Click on any image to see full-size version
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs