Ford family page
Alfred Frederick Ford
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This surname of Anglo-Saxon origin is one of the earliest topographical surnames still in existence. The name derives from the old English ford meaning a shallow place in a river where men and animals could wade across. The name was given to someone who lived near a ford.
The name Ford is first found in Jersey baptism records at the end of the 17th century, but it was another 100 years before registrations are found from which a descendancy can be traced.
- Foard, shown as a separate family
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- George William Ford (1892- ) (St H) son of George Edward and Leah Jane, Private, Australian Infantry
- Percy William Ford (1885- ) (St H) son of William Henry and Henriette Folley, RNAS, Sergeant RAF
- Ralph Walter Ford (St H) Officer cadet, Honourable Artillery Company
- Snowdon Edwin Ford (1888- ) (St H) son of Richard George and Alice Ann Aubert, Private, RAOC
These wills created by members of the Ford family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Charlotte Ford of St Helier, widow - 24 January 1882, D/Y/A/42
- Constance Ford, wife of Cyril Bernard Vallois, 3 Samares Avenue, St Clement - 15 July 1942, D/Y/A/109
- Frederick Ford, Yarcombe, St Aubins Road, St Helier - 3 February 1933, D/Y/A/94
- George Ford of Sanaldi, Plat Douet Road, St Saviour, bequeaths to Louisa Ford, half of Sinaldi, reversion to George William Ford - 18 February 1928, D/Y/A/88
- John Ford of Birmingham, England, now of Primrose Cottage, Jersey, Gentleman - 18 July 1863, D/Y/A/31
- Richard Ford - 27 May 1916, D/Y/A/75
- Richard Ford, 2 Lewis Lane, St Helier - 28 April 1919, D/Y/A/79
- William Ford, 28 Letchmore Road, Kingston on Thames, Surrey, Major - 6 May 1924, D/Y/A/84
- William Ford, 90 Bath Street, St Helier - 1 September 1936, D/Y/A/99
Percy Ford during the Great War. He served in the Royal Naval Air Service and then the RAF in 1918
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs