Fowler family page
Selina Fowler (1851- ) (St H) daughter of William (1816-1871) and Eliza Wood
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of surname
This surname is of Anglo-Saxon origin, and is from an occupational name for a bird-catcher or hunter of wild birds. In the medieval period a fowler would have been an important position, and all major houses would have employed one. The derivation is from the Olde English fugelere, hunter of wild birds.
The name only goes back to the first decade of the 19th century in Jersey, when children of John and William were baptised in St Helier.
- Descendants of Michael Fowler
- Descendants of William Fowler
- Descendants of Charles Fowler
- Descendants of William Fowler - 2
Great War service
- Douglas Manley Fowler (1896- ) (St H) son of Herbert Manley and Mary Ann Pallot, Officer's Steward, RN, HMS Egmont
- Kathleen Hamilton Fowler (1895- ) (Scotland), daughter of Joseph and Catherine, went to live in Jersey with parents as teenager, British Red Cross
These wills created by members of the Fowler family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Fowler : Charles John , of St Helier - 11/Feb/1947 , 22/Aug/1956 , D/Y/B1/37/25
- Fowler : Dorothy Victoria , widow of William Harmer, known as Dorothy Victoria Straker, of Bon Air Nursing Home, St Saviour and formerly of Mon Plaisir Cottage, La Haule, St Brelade - 26/Apr/1968 , 14/Oct/1971 , D/Y/B1/165/33
- Fowler : Eveline , of St Clement Bequeaths the residue of the estate to St Nicholas' Church, Greve d'Azette, St Clement - 03/Jun/1942 , 27/Jul/1951 , D/Y/B1/10/55
- Fowler : Isabel Matilda , Grandvale House, Town Mills, St Helier - 02/Jul/1912 , 25/Jul/1912 , D/Y/A/71/74
- Fowler : John Seymour , of Newport, Isle of Wight, now of St Helier - 21/May/1855 , 16/Sep/1861 , D/Y/A/30/123
- Fowler : Kenneth Charles , ... - 06/Jan/1901 , 17/Dec/1902 , D/Y/A/61/109
- Fowler : Margaret Anne , 289 Hallow Road, London, widow - 09/Mar/1905 , 18/Mar/1925 , D/Y/A/85/55
- Fowler : Sarah , of Duhamel Place, St Helier, Livery Stable keeper - 18/May/1859 , 25/Aug/1859 , D/Y/A/30/7
- Fowler : Thomas Walker , of 1, Market Street, St Helier, Hairdresser - 27/Apr/1886 , 14/Jan/1891 , D/Y/A/50/6
- Fowler : William , of St Helier - 26/Mar/1868 , 21/Oct/1870 , D/Y/A/35/65
- Fowler : William , of La Chasse, Grouville - 20/Dec/1962 , 02/Nov/1963 , D/Y/B1/76/44
- Fowler : William , of Millbrook Farm, St Lawrence - 23/Feb/1853 , 04/Apr/1857 , D/Y/A/29/16
- Fowler : William Henry , of 14, Beresford Street, St Helier 7/1/1880 Bequeaths to Caroline Saunders all his shares in the Jersey Cafe Company Ltd, and all money coming to his estate by the Independent Order of Rechabites - Unknown date , 31/Mar/1880 , D/Y/A/41/17
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs