Origin of Surname
Historian the Rev George Balleine says that the du Heaume surname probably came from the Pays de Houime, south of Falaise in Normandy. The earliest references to the name are found in Jersey - the Jersey Chantry Certificate of 1550 contains two du Heaumes, and the birth of a Thomas du Heaume is recorded in 1478. The "du" prefix has been dropped from usage in the Guernsey variant of the surname, where the name has traditionally been most common in the Forest parish.
- Du Heaume - Jersey variant
- Le Galet Heaume - name for the area to the south of St Peter Port Harbour on which the South Esplanade was built.
- Le Becquet, St Martins - property bought by Pierre Heaume in 1780.
- Richard Heaume MBE - founder and curator of the Guernsey Occupation Museum.
- Priaulx, TF, Le Becquet, St Martins, Review of the Guernsey Society, Summer 1960
- Priaulx, TF, The Heaumes in America, Review of the Guernsey Society, Autumn 1960
- Ozanne, Joan M, The German Occupation Museum, Review of the Guernsey Society, Autumn 2008