Hervieu family page
Marie Rosalie Hervieu (1897- ) and her husband Francois John Albert Le Chevalier (1894-1977)
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name, in its variety of spellings, is a diminuitive of the French personal name Herve. Hervieu is the spelling common in Normandy and Hervieux in Brittany.
The family name, which is still present in Jersey today, did not appear in the island until the 1840s.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Frank Edmund Hervieu (1898- ) (St L) , ex-RMIJ, Private, RASC
- George Alfred Hervieu (1884- ) (St L) ex-RMIJ, Private, RJGB
- Alfred Hervieu (1896- ) (St L) Private, Hampshire Regiment
- John William Hervieu (St J) ex-RMIJ, L-Cpl Labour Corps
- Peter Auguste Hervieu (1894- ) (St J) son of Pierre Jules and Marie Rosalie Andespres, Driver, Royal Horse Artillery
These wills created by members of the Hervieu family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Hervieu : Eliza Susanne , widow of Peter Rabasse and Jean Baptiste Le Fevre, of Avranche Cottage, St Lawrence Desires to be buried in St Matthew's Cemetery with the body of her second husband, Jean Baptiste Le Fevre - 10/Feb/1934 , 31/Mar/1955 , D/Y/B1/29/26
- Hervieu : Estelle Marie Seraphine , nee Brochard, of 2, Wivenhoe Villas, d'Auvergne Lane, St Helier - 01/Feb/1966 , 22/Feb/1966 , D/Y/B1/95/10
- Hervieu : Florence Lilian , widow of Oswald John Luce, of Ramona, Beaumont, St Peter - 20/Jun/1966 , 20/Jun/1966 , D/Y/B1/98/32
- Hervieu : Irene Joyce , wife of Frederick Sydney Titheridge, of 104, Le Marais, St Clement - 17/Sep/1963 , 22/Jun/1977 , D/Y/B1/260/23
- Hervieu : Peter Auguste , son of Pierre Jules, native of St John, of 2, Wivenhoe Villas, D'Auvergne Lane, St Helier and formerly of St Martin - 11/Dec/1920 , 07/Feb/1966 , D/Y/B1/94/42
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs