If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
- No 1 - Maison du Macon
- No 2 - Simon Cottage
- No 3 - Rose Farm
Mont de la Hague
Type of property
Farm group with 16th century origins. Now divided into three properties
Home Farm sold for £238,033 in 2010 and £950,000 in 2019
- No 1 sold for £800,000
- No 2 sold for £875,000 in 2019
- No 3 sold for £875,000 in 2019
Families associated with the property
- Valois: Percy Philip Valois (1903- ), his wife Blanche Marie, nee Connan (1905- ) and their children Iris Rose (1929- ), Denzil Percy (1931- ) and Bryan Connan (1935- ) were living here in 1941
- Le Gros: Also living here in 1941 were Alfred Marcel Arthur Le Gros (1912- ), his French wife Elizabeth and their children George Arthur and Therese Reine
Historic Environment Record entry
A farm group with 16th century origins, retaining historic character and some early fabric. House, probably 16th century, with 19th century alterations. The building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Two-storey four-bay farmhouse with wing to east running south, and detached two-storey outbuilding to northeast. Later two-storey wing projecting from northwest corner. A wing at right angles to the right of the house was used as a farm building, but now forms part of the main house. It has one bay to the left and two to the right of a doorway.
Above the doorway is a former loading door, approached by external stone steps which have lost their upper platform. Windows are chamfered, one with an accoladed lintel and another which had iron bars. Detached outbuilding to roadside, rubble granite with quoins. The house displays Jersey’s vernacular tradition in the use of local materials and details.
Old Jersey Houses
Its age merits a brief appearance in Volume One.
- "The proportions suggest that the arch and all the windows have been enlarged vertically at some time, but they have been very well done, and all the additional stones are chamfered to match.
- "The arch has a double row of small stones lying horizontally above the main arch stones; these are decorative rather than constructional, and suggest a transition period between the double and single voussoired arch, perhaps about 1580-90.
- "To the east there is an outbuilding with a straight stone stairway; this building also has chamfered windows, one with an accolade lintel, and one which has had iron bars. This may have been a dower wing, more or less contemporary with the main house."