James Dumaresq of Boston and his family
James Dumaresq was born in Boston in 1772, the eldest surviving son of Philip Dumaresq and Rebecca Gardiner. Philip's father, also Philip, had settled in Boston early in the 18th century and married in 1716.
James served in the Royal Navy, as did his younger brother Philip, and a fascinating set of documents and correspondence survives surrounding the life of this Jersey family in Boston.
- The Dumaresqs of Boston, the family's story
- The family tree
- Philip Dumaresq's Commission
- Letters from Philip and James de Carteret
- Reminiscences of James Dumaresq, a family friend remembers life at and around James's home at Swan Island, Maine
- Extracts from the register of King's Chapel and Trinity Church, Boston
- Susannah Dumaresq's guardianship of her children
- The Rev James Dumaresq