Jenkins family page
This family was first recorded in Jersey in the 17th century
Anne Jenkins, born in St Ouen in 1843, the daughter of John and Fanny, nee Southern, married David Lloyd (1839- )
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is an old English and Welsh surname derived from the medieval forename Jenkin, a diminutive of John, and introduced by returning Crusaders from the Holy Land in the 12th century. To this was been added the diminutive suffix "-kin", indicating young John, or perhaps son or relative of John. The addition of "-s" to the surname is a further indication of 'son of'.
The name has been present in Jersey since the 1660 and William, who married Jeanne Romeril, and had several children baptised in St Lawrence between 1661 and 1689 was possibly a garrison soldier.
Births and baptisms
These wills created by members of the Jenkins family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Jenkins : Alfred John , Cwmbran, Beaumont, St Peter - 07/Sep/1937 , 27/Nov/1937 , D/Y/A/101/97
- Jenkins : Beatrice Mary , wife of Philip Harwood Clarke - Unknown date , 26/Sep/1969 , D/Y/B1/136/43
- Jenkins : Edith Margaret , widow of Francis Renouf Billot, of Palm Springs, Trinity Hill, St Helier and formerly of La Porte, St Saviour - 02/Sep/1977 , 17/Jan/1980 , D/Y/B1/313/16
- Jenkins : Hannah , widow of Plymouth, co Devon - 21/Feb/1825 , 25/Mar/1826 , D/Y/A/20/60
- Jenkins : Leslie Glyn , of Canzone-del-Mare, Maudelaine Estate, La Moye, St Brelade - 13/Dec/1964 , 29/Mar/1976 , D/Y/B1/237/18
- Jenkins : Leslie Gordon , of Panorama, Bel Royal, St Lawrence - 22/Jan/1959 , 12/Mar/1970 , D/Y/B1/143/15
- Jenkins : Margaret Evelyn , widow of Richard Jenkins, of 63, Winchester Court, London, formerly of Richmond House, Swansea Desires to be buried at Mumbles Cemetery, Swansea with her husband - 30/Jun/1935 , 18/Oct/1954 , D/Y/B1/26/58
- Jenkins : Sarah Ann , widow of John Daniel Jones, of Rockford, Green Street, St Helier Bequeaths to her son John Owen Jones £700, and to her daughter all personal and household effects and the residue of the estate - 02/Dec/1947 , 28/Jun/1949 , D/Y/B1/2/9
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email