Origin of Surname
Jeune is French for young.
The name is found in the Assize Roll of 1309.
Collas and Johan Jeune and Jacques and Louys Le Jeune are listed in the Jersey Chantry Certificate of 1550
Baptisms start with Jean, son of George, in St Saviour in 1572.
- Le Jeune, 1299
- Jennes, 1607
- Le Jenne, 1528
- Jeunes 1749
- Le Joeine 1309
There is considerable overlap between these two trees, which are from different sources. The first goes back several generations earlier; the second has later generations
- Descendants of Michel Jeune
- Descendants of Philippe Jeune
- Descendants of Clement Jeune NEW
- Descendants of Jean Le Jeune NEW
Prominent family members
- Senator Reg Jeune, prominent Jersey politician in the second half of the 20th Century