Joslin family page
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The name may be linked to Josselin and Joscelin, and be associated with the Brittany town Josselin, but it may also come from further afield in the Charente Maritime or Vendee departments further down the west coast of France.
Joslin first appeared in Jersey records in the first decade of the 19th century. It has not yet proved possible to construct any meaningful and reliable family trees showing more than two generations of Joslins present in the island.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Francis Joslin (1874-1915) son of John and Mary Joslin, OV. Major in Royal West Kent Regiment, killed in action
These wills created by members of the Joslin family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Joslin : Alice Marion , of 7, Almorah Crescent, St Helier - 01/Apr/1958 , 19/May/1959 , D/Y/B1/54/44
- Joslin : Elizabeth , of St Helier : - 03/Nov/1889 , 21/Jan/1890 , D/Y/A/49/8
- Joslin : Fanny , of St Saviour, now of St Helier, widow of Thomas Fallaize 21/03/1874 Bequeaths to the poor of St Helier 5 shillings - Unknown date , 11/Jul/1874 , D/Y/A/37/102
- Joslin : John James , ... - 26/Jan/1894 , 20/Jul/1894 , D/Y/A/53/77
- Joslin : John James , Parade Lodge, Saville Street, St Helier - 30/Jan/1907 , 21/Dec/1909 , D/Y/A/68/134
- Joslin : Theresa Ann , of 7, Almorah Crescent, St Helier - 01/Apr/1958 , 03/Mar/1959 , D/Y/B1/53/27
- Joslin : William , of 3, Rue de Trachy, Millbrook, St Helier and formerly of 11, Victoria Street, St Helier - 14/Nov/1951 , 04/May/1977 , D/Y/B1/258/11
Major Francis Joslin, killed in action in World War 1
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs