La Ferme, St Martin

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


La Ferme, St Martin


H21LaFermeStMt1.jpg



Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

La Ferme

Other names

  • La Ferme Le Becquet [1]
  • La Grande Maison [2]

Location

Route des Côtes du Nord, St Martin

Type of property

Historic farm group with 18th century origins, probably the site of a 17th century house [3]

Valuations

No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

Datestones

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Historic farm group which retains its historic character and features, including early 19th century house with fine stonework, and substantial outbuildings, some also with fine stonework, creating a cohesive farm group. Outbuildings are significant for their group value.

19th century farm group, with some evidence of earlier origins - building shown on 1795 Richmond map. Main house with east dower-wing and west service wing. Adjoining to west is throughway and range of outbuildings, returning north. To northeast outbuildings return north creating U-shaped rear yard. Detached to north (running east/west) is converted range of outbuildings. Further range of outbuildings to east.

Old Jersey Houses

Despite its long history, this property does not feature in either volume

Notes and references

  1. As shown in Jersey Datestone Register. We have not been able to substantiate this name
  2. An earlier name, according to the St Martin millennium book
  3. The St Martin millennium book records that after the Battle of Bosworth in 1485, mercenary soldier Ralph Richardson fled to Jersey and in 1507 leased La Crande Maison (La Ferme) from the Seigneur of Rosel
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs