If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
La Sergine Mauresque
Rue de La Mare Ballam, St John
Type of property
Two early houses combined into one
Sold for £815,000 in 2019
Families associated with the property
These three stones are for successive generations of the Le Quesne family in the 18th century
- ELQ ALC 1708 - For Elie Le Quesne and Andrée Le Couteur
- 17 CLQ 08 - For Clement Le Quesne
- 17 CLQ MGF 28 - For Clement Les Quesne and Marie Godfray
Historic Environment Record entry
House, formerly two houses, with outbuildings attached to west. Probably circa 1700, with outbuildings added 1882. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Each former house of three bays with faint evidence of a break in the stonework between them. Windows are casements with long and short surrounds. Doors, in second and fifth bays, have roughly quoined surrounds.
Old Jersey Houses
A brief mention in Volume Two of the datestones