If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Rue du Pont, St Mary
Type of property
Historic farm group
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
Neither stone is included in the Jersey Datestone Register
- RMG ♥ IVB 1734 
- 19 DVL ♥♥ SMW 93 - 20th century stone, not interpreted
Historic Environment Record entry
Historic farm group. The 17th century house, with an early 18th century frontage, retains its proportions and character, contributing to the rural setting. There is much reclaimed fabric within the building but some original historic features remain internally.
The house emulates the polite architecture of Georgian fashion but with a continuing local character.
This building is on the Richmond Map of 1795. It is considered to date from late 17th century, being refronted in 1734. The outbuildings and north wing are dated 1860. Re-thatched with water reed in 1994, including re-raising pitch.
Two-storey, four-bay house, with attic; with two-storey, two-bay wing to north. To north west is two-storey block of converted outbuildings; pigsties on west gable.
Front elevation: thatched roof with two dormers. Stone chimneys on each gable, stone verges.
Old Jersey Houses
Notes and references
- ↑ Shown in HER report as RMC IVB, but the picture shows it as RMG, and our database suggests that the stone was erected for Richard Mauger and Jeanne Vibert (1697- ), daughter of Noe, who married in St Ouen in 1721. The couple had at least four children baptised in St Mary. We have not been able to place the family in any of our Mauger trees