Four Le Rossignol brothers
Four Le Rossignol brothers from Jersey who served with the Canadian Overseas Expeditionary Force in the war. They were the sons of Philip Le Rossignol and Mary Julie Le Fol, of St Brelade. Of the four brothers only two survived the war.
Wilfred John Le Rossignol
Wilfred John Le Rossignol (1894-1918) served under the anglicised name Nightingale with the 14th Bn CEF 92014. He was killed in action on 2 September 1918 in France and is remembered on the Vimy Memorial and the War Memorial at St Brelade.
Edwin Leigh Le Rossignol
Edwin Leigh Le Rossignol (1891-1918) 60th Bn CEF 458150, suffered from shrapnel wounds received at Hooge in 1916. He was discharged from the army and sent back to Canada, but tried to re-attest in 1918. He died on 5 November 1918 and is probably buried in Riviere Sainte Jean, Quebec. He is also remembered on the memorial at St Brelade.
Edmund Theodore Le Rossignol
Edmund Theodore Le Rossignol (1889-1962) served under the anglicised name Nightingale, with 3rd Canadian Infantry Battalion, Service No: 10219. He saw action in France, surviving the war. He died in Vancouver Canada on 4 April 1962 and is buried in the Field of Honor Veterans Memorial Park, Surrey, Vancouver.
Walter Philip Le Rossignol
Walter Phillip Le Rossignol (1887-1972) served with the Canadian Expeditionary Force, Reg No: 273320. He was stationed in England for most of his service ollowing a training accident in which he was injured and nearly drowned. He died in Exeter, Devon in 1972.
- Leonard Frank Le Rossignol (1887-1916) (London), son of Francis and Pauline, of Jersey, Rifleman London Regiment, killed in action
- Wilfred Le Rossignol (1881-1916) son of Philip and Matilda, OV, Private North Staffordshire Regiment, died of wounds Pic and pic of grave
- Wilfred John Le Rossignol (1894-1918) (St B) son of Philip and Mary Julia, Private, Quebec Regiment, killed in action
- Adolphus Le Rossignol (1878- ) (St P), son of Adolphus and Ellen, Sergeant, RASC
- Arthur Stanley Le Rossignol MC, Captain, General List, OV, no Military Cross citation found
Two brothers, sons of Walter and Elizabeth Jane
- Clifford Frank Le Rossignol (1897- ) (St H), ex-RMIJ, Gunner, Royal Garrison Artillery
- Herbert W Le Rossignol (1892- ) (St H), Sergeant, Royal Garrison Artillery
- Edgar Rive Le Rossignol (1886- ) (St B) son of John David and Ann Elizabeth, Air Mechanic, RFC, RAF, ex-RMIJ
- Frank Abel Le Rossignol (1887- ) (St B) son of Francois and Mary, Gunner, Royal Garrison Artillery
- Gordon Roy Le Rossignol (1886-1949) (St H) son of Frederick and Harriet, Corporal, Royal Field Artillery
- Herbert Sorel Le Rossignol OBE (1880- ) (St S), son of Augustin and Edith, husband of Mary Lambert, Major, Royal Garrison Artillery, OV, ex-RMIJ
- John Louis Le Rossignol (St H), Corporal, RJGB
- Sydney John Le Rossignol (1884- ) (St P) son of Mary Ann, Private, Somerset Light Infantry