If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Route de Mont Mado, St John
Type of property
Mid-18th century farmhouse with earlier origins and later additions
Sold for £775,000 in 2001; £925,000 in 2004; and £1,420,000 in 2014
Families associated with the property
- Darcel: In 1941 Jacques Jean Pierre Darcel (1873-1945) and his wife Virginie Julie, née Corlay (1876- ) were living here
- Jehan: Marie Anne Louise Jehan (1882- ) and John Francis Jehan (1922- ) were also registered here in 1941
- 1742 RDB ♥ ECN - For Richard Dolbel and Elizabeth Coignard
- EMZ 1793 - For Elizabeth Malzard, who married Richard and Elizabeth's son Richard
- JDB ♥ ACT 1826 for Jean Dolbel, Richard and Elizabeth's great-grandson, and Anne Cristin
- GR ♥♥ MMCL 1975 - This recent stone is included in the datestone register but has not been interpreted
Historic Environment Record entry
Mid-18th century farmstead with possible 16th century origins.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Two-storey, three bay house and associated buildings to west. 20th century wing to the east in a similar style; cottage attached at right angles to the west. Pitched slate roof, dressed granite chimneys, raking dormers to south. Modern extensions on the north side.
Central door. Two corbelled stone fireplaces.
Old Jersey Houses
Apart from mentioning that the property had a pigsty, there is no further reference in either volume.