If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Grande Route de La Cote, St Clement
Type of property
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Journeaux: In 1941 Philip John Journeaux (1867- )  was living here with his son Philip John (1902- ) and daughter Clarice Maud (1903- )
Historic Environment Record entry
A good example of an 1830s single storey cottage with most external and many internal features surviving. One of a number of traditional single-storey cottages historically characteristic of the St Clement and Grouville coastal area.
Built in 1835 by Jean Journeaux on land purchased on 13 September 1834. Donated to the National Trust for Jersey in 1988.
Detached, single storey with attic, five-bay with lean-to extension to west. Pitched slate roof, brick chimneys at ends, two dormers.
Notes and references
- ↑ Grandson of Jean, who built the house - see below
- ↑ Not included in Datestone Register or recorded elsewhere
- ↑ Jean was the son of Jean, who married Marie Drew in Trinity in 1796. However, his baptism record shows her as Henriette Drew and the records of his siblings show Henriette twice and Marie once