If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Maison Le Maistre
Mont Les Vaux, St Aubin
Type of property
Sold for £465,000 in 2006
Families associated with the property
- Lempriere: Two years before the house was aparently built, Jacques Lempriere was made Intelligence Officer for the French coast near Jersey. He left the house to his daughter Elizabeth, who was born here and married Philippe Nicolle
- Le Maistre: The connection between the house, which stands towards the bottom of Mont Les Vaux, and the Le Maistre family, has not been established.
- Holley: Registered here in 1941 were Alfred Eugene Holley (1865- ) and his wife Elizabeth, nee Burgess (1865- ), and her sisters Alice Louisa (1871- ) and Amy Beatrice Burgess (1880- )
- ILP ♥ AD 1706 - For Capt Jacques (or James) Lempriere (1654- )  and his wife Ann Durell, who were married in St Brelade in 1693. The stone which suggest this date for the construction of Maison Le Maistre, is one of the earliest examples in Jersey to incorporate a heart.
Historic Environment Record entry
A good example of an early St Aubin town house house, circa 1706, which retains its original proportions and historic features. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Notes and references
- ↑ Not Jean, as suggested in Vol 2 of Old Jersey Houses