Mc Allen family page
Elsie Annie McAllen was born in St Helier in 1896 and married Edward John Valpy (1893-1972) in 1918. They emigrated to Canada the following year and had five children
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The name means son of Allen, who was the 'little rock'.
The first baptism recorded in Jersey was that of John Henry Mc Allen, the illegitimate son of Molly, in 1815. From 1819 onwards the children of John and Anne Le Brun (known as Nance) began to appear in the St Helier baptism register.
- Mc Allen
Great War service
Sons of Daniel Courtis Mc Allen (1853- ) Mercantile Marine, and Emma Jane, of Southampton
- Henry Walter Mc Allen (1884-1918) Second Assistant Cook, Mercantile Marine, HMHS Glenart Castle, killed when ship sank
- Assistant Steward Sidney Mc Allen (1897-1918) Assistant Steward, Mercantile Marine, JMHS Llandovery Castle, killed when ship sank
- Henry John Philip Mc Allen (1867- ) (St H) son of John Henry and Mary Jane Briard, Captain, RASC
These wills created by members of the Mc Allen family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- McAllen : Elizabeth Mary , 32 Green Street, St Helier, widow of George Laurens - 17/Mar/1916 , 05/Nov/1923 , D/Y/A/83/130
- McAllen : John Henry , of St Helier : 23/09/1885 Bequeaths to George Charles McAllen all effects found in the testators forge bordering on Conway Street - Unknown date , 05/Oct/1885 , D/Y/A/45/25
- McAllen : Regine Hue , widow of William Victor d'Authreau, of Holme, 87, St Mark's Road, St Saviour - 18/Jun/1960 , 14/Sep/1970 , D/Y/B1/149/29