Millbrook Cottages

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


Millbrook Cottages, St Lawrence


H20MillbrookCottagesStL.jpg



Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

Millbrook Cottages

Location

Rue du Galet, St Lawrence

Type of property

Three single-storey cottages

Valuations

  • No 1 sold for £285,000 in 2009
  • No 2 sold for £320,000 in 2009 and £368,000 in 2012

Families associated with the property

  • Riou: Frank Riou was living at 3 Millbrook Cottages when he made his will, dated 15 December 1898
  • Le Gros: There must have been a fourth cottage closer to what is now Victoria Avenue because in 1913 Philip John Le Gros, son of Philippe, sold 'a house and shop called 4 Millbrook Cottages', to the Parish of St Lawrence, represented by Constable Edward Voisin, and Procureurs du Bien Public John Coutanche and Helier John Langlois, for £400. The cottage was presumably demolished for road widening

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

An unusual row of mid-19th century single storey cottages, retaining external character and contributing to coastal streetscape character. Traditionally referred to as 'fishermens cottages'. A range of three restored single storey, three-bay cottages, one of them detached. The south cottage is unusually constructed, in Jersey, of grey stone, with brick dressings.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs