Church records search
The indexes below for the Parish Church, and those linked from the pages for other Anglican churches in the parish, have not been updated since 2017. An extensive review of our records since then has resulted in many missing records being added and others being corrected. The gap between the up-to-date records in our database and the parish indexes has widened. We will not update the indexes again - it simply involves too much work - over 5,000 Jerripedia pages to edit every time a complete update is undertaken.
But don't despair, we have a new and improved search facility, which makes it much easier to locate ancestors you are searching for in Jersey church records. You don't have to know which parish they were born, married and buried in, or even exactly how their name was spelt.
Select the first letter of the family name you are searching for from the A-Z list below and a page will open in a new tab showing a list of names included in our baptism records. You can select a name to search for or change to marriage or burial records first.
Once the list of records is displayed you can narrow the search, using the accompanying form, by choosing a given name, parish or start and end dates. If you don't find the ancestor(s) you are looking for you can search for a variant of the family name, or just search for part of a name
Baptisms 1596 to 1915
Marriages 1584-1940 indexed by groom's surname
Marriages 1584-1940 indexed by bride's surname
Please note that no entries are recorded between December 1633 and April 1635
St Helier death records
For further information on deaths in St Helier from 1850 onwards, please follow the link below to a list of all deaths recorded by the St Helier Registrar, regardless of whether the funeral which followed was conducted in a Church of English church or a different denomination, or a secular service at the Crematorium, covering the years from 1850 to 1878.
Records for other Church of England churches in the parish of St Helier
- The remaining records below do not form part of the Family Search facility
Registrar records of births, marriages and deaths
Images of the Superintendent registrar's indexes of births
Images of the Superintendent registrar's indexes of marriages in Anglican churches from 1939 to 2002
Images of the Superintendent registrar's indexes of marriages in non-Anglican churches and the Registry Office
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1842-1852
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1852-1859
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1859-1870
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1870-1889
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1889-1898
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1898-1911
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1911-1925
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1925-1935
- St Helier non-Anglican marriages indexes 1935-1946
Images of the Superintendent registrar's indexes
- St Helier deaths register indexes 1842-1850
- St Helier deaths register indexes 1850-1860
- St Helier deaths register indexes 1860-1870
This is the original index for St Helier baptisms between these years. The records are also included in the full parish index at the top of the page, but those in this index contain more information, including names of godparents
- We previously retained our original St Helier family records index page whose indexes were first created in 2013. But this has led to confusion over which is the best set of indexes to consult and we are now only retaining those in this page, first created in 2017. But we must repeat the strong warning that the easiest way to search for records of your ancestors, and be sure of obtaining the most accurate and up-to-date records, is to use our DATABASE, by following this link, or any of the many others you will find throughout the site.