Ozouf family page
This name was recorded in Jersey as early as the 13th century and is still present today
Sophia Angeline Ozouf, George Walter Bertram and George John Bertram
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of surname
The old personal name Oswulf became Ozouf and eventually became a surname.
The name is of considerable antiquity in Jersey, appearing in the Short Inquisition of 1274
Sire Guillaume Osoulf appears in the Jersey Chantry Certificate of 1550
The name is reasonably common in Normandy today and can be traced there back to 1198.
Baptism records start in St Helier in 1597, but the following have been identified in earlier records:
- Elizabeth Ozouf, born in Jersey about 1580 and married Vincent Hamon in 1608
- Collette Ozouf, possibly a sister of Elizabeth, born in Jersey about 1585 and married Thomas de ste Croix in 1609
An Ozouf family was present in Jersey from the 16th century until the 18th, but then appears to have died out. Today's Ozoufs are descended from immigrants from France in the 19th century.
- Osof, 1274
- Descendants of Jean Amade Ozouf
- Descendants of Jean Ozouf
- Descendants of Jean Ozouf - 2
- Descendants of Leonard Ozouf
- Descendants of Auguste Ozouf
Great War service
- Alfred Ozouf (1878- ) (Gr) son of Jean and Mary, Private, Labour Corps
- John Louis Ozouf (1881- ) (Gr) son of Leon and Marie, ex-RMIJ, Private, Somerset Light Infantry, PoW
- Walter Frederick Ozouf (1894- ) (St H) son of Leon and Mary, ex-RMIJ, Corporal, RAF
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs