Pallot family page
This surname appears in early-14th century records in Jersey
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
A wide variety of explanations have been put forward for the derivation of the Jersey surname Pallot (see link to family history below). It is probably most likely that the name derives from the French surname Paillette, found in some numbers in Normandy today. There are also some 1,300 Pallots listed in the directory of telephone subscribers throughout France.
Paillette, found in Normandy as early as 1273, is derived from Medieval French paillettte (sequin), suggestion that it originally referred to a maker of gold and silver sequins; Paillette could also be the feminine form of paillet, old Fench for an ear of wheat, indicating a winnower.
Baptism records start in St Saviour in 1544
- Pallot, 1309
- Palot, 1299
- Pallott 1342
- Palot Vitard 1299
- Descendants of Jean Pallot and Elizabeth Godfrey
- Descendants of Jean Pallot and Jeanne Faultrat
- Descendants of Abraham Pallot and Marie Messervy
- Descendants of Abraham Pallot, a different descendancy from a different source NEW
- Descendants of Charles Pallot
- Descendants of Edemond Pallot
- Descendants of Edemond Pallot 2 - overlaps previous tree with different descendancy
- Descendants of Philippe Pallot
- Descendants of Jean Pallot and Susan Gaudin Added 2018
- Descendants of Charles Pallot - 2 Added 2018
Family histories and biographies
- Pallot - what is the derivation of the name and when did the family arrive in Jersey?
- Don Pallot, founder of Pallot's Steam Motor and General Museum
- Memories of Olive Pallot NEW
Great War service
- Le Boulivot, Grouville
- Pallot Steam and Country Museum
- Philip Pallot was a draper at 20 King Street in the 1860s
- John Pallot was a hosier at 31 King Street in the early 1880s, followed by clothier P Pallot. It is not clear if and how they were related
- P Pallot was also at 33 King Street in the 1880s
- Abraham Pallot was running a bakery at 33 Halkett Place in the 1860s, followed by his son, also Abraham, in the 1870s
- Rachel Pallot and her sons ran a shoe manufacturing business at 36 Halkett Place in the 1860s and '70s
- Charles Pallot was a haberdasher at 46 Halkett Place from 1891
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
The grave of Great War casualty Alfred Pallot at Dovercourt (All Saints) Churchyard, Essex
The grave of Great War casualty Ernest Philip Pallot at Moeuvres Communal Cemetery Extension, near Cambrai
The grave of Great War casualty Philip Henry Pallot at Suzanne Communal Cemetery Extension, near Albert