Patch family page
Ada Florence Patch (1886-1971), with her eldest daughter Dorothea. Ada was born in St Brelade in 1886, the daughter of Henry Walter (1858- ) and Mary Ann, nee Michel (1860- ). She married Harold Howard (1879-1936) in London in 1902, and they had five daughters and two sons
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is one of several names which has the French word Pasque = ‘Easter’ at its root. Pach was a name given in pre-Medieval England to someone born at Easter
The baptism of James Edward Patch, the second child of Edward and Caroline Churchill, was registered in St Helier in 1851. The Thomas Patch born in St Clement in 1847 may have been his brother.
Great War service
- Charles Walter Patch (1884- ) (St B) son of Henry Walter and Mary Ann, L-Cpl, Royal Marine Light Infantry
- Harold Herbert Patch (1898- ) (St H) son of Joseph Walter Henry and Anne Eliza Masters, ex-RMIJ, Rifleman, King's Royal Rifle Corps
- John Williams Patch (1884- ) (St H) son of Thomas and Mary Ann Pickett, ex-RMIJ, Gunner, RGA
- Samuel George Patch (1887- ) (St H) son of Thomas and Mary Ann Pickett, husband of Lily Marian, ex-RMIJ, Private, Dorset Regiment
- Walter Henry Patch (1894-1943)(St H) son of Walter Henry and Annie Eliza Masters, Private, Canada
- Wilfred Charles Patch (1881-1943) (St H) son of James Edward Patch and Elizabeth Taylor, Private RJGB
These wills created by members of the Patch family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Patch : Charles Walter , of Rosevale, St Brelade - 25/May/1927 , 18/Nov/1952 , D/Y/B1/16/31
- Patch : Elsie Florence , of 1, Boulevard Villas, Millbrook, St Helier Desires to have a funeral at First Tower Methodist Chapel and have a curb placed around his grave - 19/Sep/1951 , 18/Oct/1954 , D/Y/B1/26/57
- Patch : George Edward , of 85, Don Road, St Helier and formerly of 52, Bath Street, St Helier - 30/Jan/1962 , 26/Oct/1970 , D/Y/B1/151/17
- Patch : John William , of St Clement - 11/Aug/1945 , 11/Jan/1961 , D/Y/B1/62/39
- Patch : Mabel Louise , nee de la Cote, widow of Charles Walter Patch, of Val Plaisant, St Brelade's Bay - 17/Dec/1952 , 26/Mar/1955 , D/Y/B1/29/20