Patterson family page
Jeanne Patterson married Pierre Brine in St Brelade in 1782
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The surname means son of Pat, a short form of Patrick. See Patson for more information.
The first appearance of the family in Jersey records was the marriage of Robert, shown as coming from St Brelade, but probably born in England, and Susanna Bertaut in St Saviour in 1780. They were followed by Sergeant John Patterson and Hannah Roberts, who married in St Martin in 1802.
- Patson, a surname with the same origin, but found in Jersey much earlier and treated as a separate family
These wills created by members of the Patterson family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Sarah Paterson née Cashmore, Roselea, Millbrook - 19 September 1947, D/Y/A/118
- Fanny Patterson née Talbot of St Mary, Nottingham, England, now of St Mary, widow, bequeaths to Francis Talbot the family Bible in two volumes - 14 October 1871, D/Y/A/36
- Christina Patterson née Tyrrell, St Cyres, St Helier - 5 June 1940, D/Y/A/106
- Thomas Patterson of Newark, Nottingham, now of St Helier, Gentleman 18 December 1850 - D/Y/A/27
- John Patterson of St Cyres, St Helier - 18 July 1945, D/Y/A/113
- Francis Patterson, 11 The Terrace, Grosvenor Street, St Helier - 28 November 1907, D/Y/A/66
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs