Emile Victor Rolland (1904-1972) son of Victor Marie Gabriel, b St L
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is derived from the personal name Roland, which was very popular in the Pyrenees. It has Germanic origins, from Hrodland (hrod = glory + land = country).
Great War service
- Arthur James Rolland (1901- ) (St My) son of Jacques Francois and Elise Marie, ex-RMIJ, Private RAF
- Ernest Alexandre Rolland (1899- ) (Tr) Orphaned at very early age, Private, Worcester Regiment
- Oliver Dart Rolland MSM, (1890- ) (St H) son of John and Augusta, Conductor RAOC
- Victor Rolland (1900- ) (St L) son of Victor and Marie, ex-RMIJ, Private, Dorset Regiment
These wills created by members of the Rolland family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Anne Rolland of St Helier - 25 September 1900, D/Y/A/59
- Betsy Rolland of St Martin, now of St Helier - 25 January 1892, D/Y/A/51
- Julien Rolland of Villemard College, Mont au Prêtre, St Helier - 17 May 1928, D/Y/A/88
- Julia Rolland, 26 Ann Street, St Helier - 15 February 1927, D/Y/A/87
- Jean Rolland, Carrefour Selous, St Lawrence - 10 April 1917, D/Y/A/76
- Victor Rolland, Greenwood, St John - 18 April 1934, D/Y/A/96
- Jules Rolland, Linden House, Augres, Trinity - 3 November 1944, D/Y/A/113
- Charles Rolland, St Helier - 29 January 1903, D/Y/A/62
- Aimée Rolland, St Mary - 28 October 1931, D/Y/A/92
- Jacques Rolland, St Mary - 7 July 1911, D/Y/A/70
Family photograph album
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs