Rouet family page
Marie Rouet, born in St Brelade in 1813, the daughter of Philippe and Rachel Elizabeth, nee Le Cornu, married Thomas Leigh Bartlett in 1935
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is a familiar name from the centre-west of France, derived from one of several communes with the same spelling. The name is a diminuitive probably meaning little stream or canal.
This surname of French origin, which made its first appearance in Jersey in the 16th century, appears to have died out towards the end of the 19th, and is no longer represented in the island today.
- Le Rouet
- Le Ruez, sounds the same, but a distinct family with different derivation.
- Descendants of Josue Rouet
- Descendants of Jean Rouet
- Descendants of Philippe Rouet
- Descendants of Olivier Rouet
These wills created by members of the Rouet family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Rouet : Elizabeth , of St Saviour 07/01/1768 Desires to be buried in St Saviour's Cemetery Bequeaths to poor of St Saviour, £10 tournois of the order of the King - Unknown date , 14/Jan/1772 , D/Y/A/12/34
- Rouet : Peter , of St Brelade 25/07/1838 Desires to be buried in St Brelade's Cemetery Bequeaths to the poor of St Brelade, 5s - Unknown date , 08/Nov/1850 , D/Y/A/27/97
- Rouet : Rachell/Rachele , ... - 18/Dec/1741 , 02/Jan/1742 , D/Y/A/7/52
- Rouet : Richard , ... - 24/Mar/1690 , 01/Apr/1690 , D/Y/A/2/29
- Rouet : Thomas , ... - 08/Jan/1718 , 11/Feb/1719 , D/Y/A/5/30