If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Route de L'Etacq, St Ouen
Type of property
18th century country house
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Le Maistre: In 1941 Henri Le Maistre, of South View (1911- ), his wife Odette Yvonne Marie Francoise, nee La Planche (1919- ) and their daughter Rose Marie were living here
Historic Environment Record entry
The house retains most of its original mid-18th century character and interior features.
This is a fine building of high scenic importance, it greatly enhances this remote coastal area.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Main five-bay, two-storey house with modern west garage and a north extension.
Central entrance, single-pile. The staircase is painted and of the X-frame type with flat-topped handrail, stick balusters and plain section newel posts circa 1750.
In the ground floor east room is a stone fireplace which appears to have been altered, this was probably done in the late 19th century.
Both ground floor rooms have beams with beaded edges. Original doors, of two-field panels with typical architrave mouldings, survive throughout circa 1750.
The original pegged A-frame timber roof also survives complete.