St James the Less
St James the Less was originally an Anglican church built for the British Garrison and other English-speaking residents of St Peter Port and opened in 1818. It was designed by John Wilson and funded by Admiral Lord de Saumarez. By the 1970s it had fallen into disuse, and following a campaign to save the building, it was restored for use as a concert hall, and reopened in 1985.
The Priaulx Library holds microfilm copies of baptisms registers for the period 1948-1970.
- Niven, Peter, The Gospel according to St James, Review of the Guernsey Society, Winter 2003/ Spring 2004 (2 parts)
- Adams, Bridget, St James, Guernsey, Review of the Guernsey Society, Spring 1986