St Saviours, Guernsey

From theislandwiki
(Redirected from St Saviours)
Jump to: navigation, search
St Saviour Crest

Introduction

The parish of St Saviour, which is situated at the western part of the island, is bounded on the north by the Catel parish; on the east by St Andrew; on the south by St Peter-in-the-Wood; and on the west by the sea; distant about five miles from St Peter Port, and contains 3,070 vergées of land; a population of 943 inhabitants in 1861; and in 1871, 946 inhabitants. Part of the King’s fief, and that of Le Comte, lie in this parish, there are also some minor fiefs within it of no great importance. In the last extente are mentioned those of Stuart, Gaillard, Blondell, Des Longues, Des Revaux, Des Gohiers, Au Roux, De Leree, De Govel, de Voy and Marquant. Hill’s Historical Directory of the Channel Islands (1874)

Churches

Public

  • States of Guernsey Reservoir

Ancient monuments

  • Fort Richmond

Old houses

  • Les Bordages
  • Sous L’Eglise
  • La Porte
  • Les Prevosts
  • La Forge du Carrefour
  • Les Heches
  • Les Piques
  • Les Grands Courtils (St Saviours)
  • Le Grée
  • Les Padins

Fiefs

Coastline

  • Perelle Bay

Roads

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs