Tessier family page
Jeanne Marie Le Tessier married Julien Marie Hirel in St John in 1898
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is a French name, mainly from the Atlantic coast area, indicating a weaver
This surname first appeared in the St Helier baptism register in 1716 with the baptism of Jean and Marie Susanne, possibly twin children of Charles Tessier and Susanne Fougeron. Susanne's name is variously shown as Fourqueron and Fourgeron over the course of six baptism entries.
These wills created by members of the Tessier family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Charles Tessier of St John, now of St Saviour - 6 June 1868, D/Y/A/34
- Henry Tessier of St Brelade, desires to be buried in St Brelade's Cemetery, bequeaths to the poor of St Brelade, £8 of the order 12 November 1808 - D/Y/A/17
- Marie Tessier of St Helier, bequeaths to the Rev Father Fitch £12 to say masses for the repose of her soul - 25 June 1891, D/Y/A/50
- Esther Tessier, 9 Balmoral Terrace - 15 February 1939, D/Y/A/104
- John Tessier, St John - 31 January 1912, D/Y/A/71
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs