If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Val Feuillu Farm
Rue de La Hambye, St Saviour
Type of property
18th century farm
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Renouf: In 1901 carpenter Frederick Renouf (1869- ) and his wife Hortense Elise, nee Renouard (1874- ) were living here with their daughters May Gaudin (1894- ) and Lily Marie (1900- ) and sons Clifford Mallet (1896- ) and Wilford (1899-1917)
- Buesnel: In 1941 Winifred Mary Buesnel, nee Brown (1905- ) was living here. Her husband Edwin Henry Buesnel died earlier in the year at the age of 39
- 1740 - No initials
- IF 1750 RA - For Jean Falle and Rachel Ahier 
- HFV AP 1831 - For Helier Fauvel and Anne Falle
Historic Environment Record entry
This mid-18th century farmhouse retains its exterior character, contributing to the rural streetscape.
This two-storey five-bay building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Front elevation: slate roof with granite chimneys, with thatch dripstones on each gable. Walls are coursed rubble granite with dressed stone openings and quoins.
Original doorway is now window. Front entrance is now positioned in connecting section to east. Single pile plan to farmhouse, now open plan on ground floor. Stair now in hallway of original barn.
Corbelled granite fireplaces on west and east gables on ground floor of farmhouse. These are the only remaining historic features evident.
Notes and references
- ↑ There is no record of Jean and Rachel having children. Anne Falle (stone below) probably inherited the property from Jean but it is not clear what their relationship was