Vallois family page
The wedding of Stephen Vallois and Doris de La Haye: Percy Vallois, Stephen John Vallois, Philip Vallois; Adelina De La Haye, Doris May De La Haye, Elizabeth Vallois, nee Burton
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
It is suggested that the original Vallois in France originated in Wales, 'V' and 'G' being interchangeable in surnames. However, it is far more likely that the name comes either from the region of this name in Northern France, which was once an independent duchy, or simply derives from someone who lived in a valley (val).
Vallois is the common form of the surname in Jersey, but Le Vallois is found in Guernsey. A number of French students from the De Vallois family in France were in Jersey in 1911. The spelling Valois is more common in France today.
This is not a family of any great longevity in Jersey, having first appeared in the 19th century with the baptisms of the children of Francois Vallois, from Coutances, and Esther Laurens, who may also have come from France.
- Le Vallois
- De Vallois
Great War service
Sons of Frank and Elizabeth Vallois, of St Clement
- Ernest Alexander Vallois (1888-1916) Rifleman, Royal Irish Rifles, diedof wounds Further information
- Frank L Vallois (1887-1916) Sedrgeant, Lancashire Fusiliers, died of wounds
- Charles Vallois (St C) ex-RMIJ, Gunner, RFA
- Harold Kenneth Charles Vallois (1894- ) (St Luke) son of Frank and Elizabeth, Air Mechanic RNAS
- John Clement Vallois (1878- ) (St L) son of John Clement and Helen Henriette, ex-RMIJ, Rifleman, King's Royal Rifle Corps
- Stanley Burton Vallois (1899- ) (St L) son of Philip John Vallois and Elizabeth Burton, husband of Mary Ellen Ward, Air Mechanic RAF
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs