Vicq family page
Mary Vicq married soldier William Byron in St Martin in 1750
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
It is not known when the family became established in Jersey or where they came from, although it is likely that they came from one of nine communes in France named Vicq. None of these is in an area from which French immigrants traditionally arrived, however.
The Vicq family has been established in Grouville and other parts of the island since the late 16th century. ALthough there was probably a common ancestor
- Descendants of Josue Vicq
- Descendants of Jean Vicq (1751)
- Descendants of Jean Vicq (1771)
- Descendants of Nicolas Vicq
- Descendants of Jean Vicq
- Descendants of Nicolas Vicq - 2
These wills created by members of the Vicq family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Charlotte Vicq née Esnouf of 58 Colomberie, St Helier - 27 April 1891, D/Y/A/50
- Richard Vicq of Grouville, bequeaths to the poor of Grouville 5s - 21 June 1875, D/Y/A/38
- Clement Vicq, Grouville, now of Boston, Massachusetts, USA - 5 January 1926, D/Y/A/86
- Jane Vicq, Tremont House, Grouville, bequeaths to six parties Tremont House - 4 April 1933, D/Y/A/94
- La Francheville, Grouville