Warren family page
Mary Bloomfield Bowcher-Davie, nee Warren, born Jersey (1839-1935)
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is an English name originating in medieval France. It either referred to someone coming from the village of La Varrenne 'the place on the sandy soil', or from someone living or working in a game park.
The name first appears in Jersey records in 1800, and has largely been confined to St Helier.
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Warren family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Mary Warren née Thatcher, 3 Old Street, St Helier, widow - 22 June 1937, D/Y/A/100
- Elizabeth Warren of 1, Dorset Street, St Helier, spinster - 23 June 1868, D/Y/A/34
- Abraham Warren of Tavistock, Devonshire, now of 10 James Street, St Helier - 27 September 1897, D/Y/A/56
- Arthur Warren, 24 Clearview Street, St Helier, boot-maker - 23 February 1938, D/Y/A/102
- William Warren, 38 Kensington Place, St Helier - 30 March 1912, D/Y/A/71
- James Warren, 8 Chevalier Road, St Helier - 2 September 1910, D/Y/A/69
- William Warren, Trinity - 24 April 1907, D/Y/A/66
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
The grave of Great War casualty Arthur Ernest Warren at Etaples Military Cemetery, Pas de Calais
The grave of Great War casualty Frederick George Warren at Duisans Military Cemetery, Etrun
The grave of Great War casualty William Arthur Warren at Dud Corner Cemetery, Loos
The grave of Great War casualty Adolphus Herbert Warren at Mory Abbey British Cemetery, Mory, near Arras