From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Jersey houses:
Anneville, St Martin


This 18th century farm group was owned by the Godfray and Messervy families in the 18th century


Property name


Previous names

  • Anneville Farm
  • Maison d'Anneville


Rue de Guilleaume et d'Anneville, St Martin

Type of property

18th century farm group

Families associated with the property


Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

A farm group retaining some original 18th century exterior features and character. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. Main building: Front elevation: Slate roof, stone chimneys. Random rubble with ashlar quoins and quoined window surrounds.

Cottages: Front elevation: Approx six bays on one side and two on other, two entrances. Slate roof, stone chimney. Moulded gable stones. Random rubble walls, stone quoins and quoined window and door surrounds. Stone lintels and sills. Volieres in wall. Arched passage into farmyard now blocked in and converted to flats.

Stables: Front elevation: Slate roof. Random rubble. First floor window surrounds in brick. Ground floor various stone lintels, including one chamfered lintel, two chamfered sills, stone uprights and quoins. Side elevation: Gable end wall. Random rubble. Moulded gable stones. Ground and first floor door/loft openings.

Old Jersey Houses

Not included

Other information

One of many properties throughout the island that Charles II is reputed to have stayed at. There is no more evidence for a stay here than at any other house.

The datestones indicate that this was a Messervy family property in the first half of the 18th century and passed by marriage into the Godfray family.

Notes and references

  1. Possibly 1760
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs