Esnouf family page
Elizabeth Esnouf (1832-1905) (St My) emigrated to Salem, USA. Daughter of Abraham (1806- ) and Nancy Ann Corbel (1803- ), married Abel Lamb
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
The name is derived from the Norse name 'Eanwulf' or 'Aginwulf', a combination of agin, blade of a sword, and wulf, wolf. It is very much a name of Normandy and particularly Manche.
The name is found in the Extente of 1528
Simon Esnouf was born in Jersey in about 1544 and had a son Simon (1570- ) who married Sara Lesbirel in 1606.
The first five spellings are found in Jersey
- Descendants of Simon Esnouf (1544)
- Descendants of Laurens Esnouf (1545)
- Descendants of Thomas Esnouf
- Descendants of Guillaume Esnouf
Great War service
- Cecil Ernest Esnouf (1898- ) (St H) son of Ernest and Martha Lydia Jane Voisin, OV, ex-RMIJ, Lieutenant, RFA
- Cecil John Esnouf (1885- )(St H) son of Philip and Louisa Mary Evans, Private, RAMC
- George Hayter Esnouf (1891- ) (St H) ex-RMIJ, Air Mechanic, RAF
- John George Henry Esnouf (1891- ) (St S) son of George Hayter and Emma Esther, ex-RMIJ, Gunner, RGA
- Percival Philip Esnouf (1878- ) (St H), son of Philip and Louisa, husband of Ivy Jane, OV, Colour Sergeant, RMIJ
- Percy Stanley Harold Esnouf (1887- ) (St H) son of William Thomas and Jane Amelia Eliza, husband of Annie Louisa, ex-RMIJ, Corporal RGA
- Philip John Richard Esnouf (1897- ) (St H) son of John David Misson Esnouf and Gertrude Florence Collings, Able Seaman RN, HMS Defiance
- Reginald Francis Esnouf (1880- )(St H) son of Philip and Louisa Mary Ennis , Private, Labour Corps
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs